How the Platform Works:
The UnitingPeople platform aims to create virtual communities between humanitarian projects (change agents) and people who wish to support these projects (participants) through their skills, time, goods and financial contributions.
There are no intermediaries, all contributions flow 100% to each project.
Based on the Ubuntu philosophy, which emphasizes the community values of cooperation, solidarity and dignity of people, we believe that the progress of one may not be the destruction of the other: "I am what I am because of what we all are".
The web-portal is based on three major pillars of participation:
1. Free Exposure of Projects
To facilitate free exposure for people to present their sustainable projects and ideas worldwide through the UP platform thereby showing what is needed in terms of human and material resources to realize the project. All the listed activities and projects are subject to the ethical chart as shown below and have been carefully selected based on the following criteria:
- Sustainability; ensuring the best outcome for both human and ecological environment
- Experience; operational since more than 3 years with growing beneficial results for surrounding community.
- Empowerment; emphasis on local leadership and empowerment to ensure cultural integration and continuation.
- Transparency; open for others to participate through human services, goods and/or financial support.
If you would like to apply with your project, please contact us
2. Multiple Participation
The possibility for everyone interested to view, interact and participate in these projects through:
- Human Services: skills, services and time
- Goods: materials to be provided
- Financial Support: donations
To participate in a project with human services or goods, select a project and click on "get involved/participate" or click on the donate button for providing financial support.
3. Direct communication and Transparency
All communication is direct, there is no middle figure, thus ensuring a 100% transparent and open system with direct channeling of information, skills, time and funds.
All participants are asked to follow our ethical guidelines, as a base for mutual trust, respect and confidence:
- Honesty in dealings and information which includes complete transparency in finance and logistics.
- Aiming for sustainability: providing the best outcome for both human and natural environment.
- Stimulate self-responsibility, self reliance, individual skills development and reciprocity.
- Respect and stimulate local leadership and involvement.
- Open to each race, gender, religion, culture and country.
As an internet platform we are not only concerned with reaching the largest possible audience, but also by making an ethical approach to every part of our undertakings. Many Web 2.0 projects have embraced the ethical approach to all aspects of their online presence, including but by no means limited to search engine optimization. A significant number of these approaches draw on Ethical Research Academic arenas and may be summarized as follows as defined below.
As an internet platform, our goal is to:
- produce the most good and do least harm,
- respect the rights and dignity of all members and treat them fairly,
- promote the common good,
- help all members more fully in the goods we share as a community and a society
- enable the deepening or developments of those virtues or character traits that we value as individuals, professions and members in a community of society.